Thursday, March 29, 2012


After preaching to Meg about the training value of hill running, self-motivated myself into running some hills this morning. Great to be back on the "Wilson-Marsall Loop".  Then, this afternoon, hiked, birded photographed my way around the Dead Man Hill Trail. Stacks of trillium pushing through but no blooms yet.  And no morels that I could see. Great view of the Jordan Valley with two hawks flying closely together and later a bald eagle gaining altitude using the updraft. When it was almost at the limit of the range of my binoculars it suddenly stopped circling and headed off dead straight to the north-west possibly for it's summer rendezvous with its better half. I did not know until today that raptors are monogamous, but the male and female winter in different areas, so they re-establish their pair bond each spring. http://www.wingsofwonder.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment