Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sat in on the Miller Van Winkle TU chapter board meeting yesterday evening at City Park Grill in Petoskey. Such an enthusiastic and knowledgable group; I'm looking forward to getting to know them better and maybe fishing with them.  Incredible stars as I drove into Boyne after the meeting but I still can't rationalize getting more involved with NOMAC in view of everything else that's going on and the images beamed to my lap-top courtesy of Hubble.
Link to clear sky chart: http://cleardarksky.com/c/RvnHllMIkey.html
Link to NOMAC: http://www.nomac.net/

We still have some Steelhead in the Boyne and I managed to land another really nice fish this afternoon after earlier losing one in the same spot and then catching a sucker (minus two points!). As I was walking downstream to the car after the sucker I saw two big male Steelhead cruising upstream; I was able to follow them and as luck would have it they rested in the water I'd just fished!  The rig was still set up to give me a really great drift through the slot and so without wasting any time, in went the fly.  I was pretty confident I'd hook one and sure enough I did.  A big fight ensued and I was pleased to net the fish on 3x fluorocarbon. No camera unfortunately.  Air temperature 50F, water 41F, overcast, light rain, falling barometer.

No comments:

Post a Comment